Help Wanted: Radiant Barrier Installer / Home Energy Rater Apprentice
The Lower 9th Ward Center for Sustainable Engagement and Development Part-Time Job Posting:
Radiant Barrier l position working with the Energy Efficiency Coordinator of CSED. Primary objective is to perform home energy assessments, inform residents of inefficiencies in home and install radiant barrier in the attic of homes in the Lower 9th Ward. A majority of the work will be done installing radiant barrier.
This is an opportunity to train and work with a certified Home Energy Rater (HERS) and get paid while you learn. Candidate will learn how to properly assess a home and learn a balanced approach to building performance, energy efficiency, building durability and human health and how it relates to home construction.
Work will be done only on houses in the Lower 9th Ward.
This is a part-time contracted position on an as-needed basis paid @ $12.00 per hour with the potential for growth.
- 18 yrs. or older with high school diploma
- Interest in building science and construction
- Able to work and maintain focus in hot, dusty, tight spaces
- Attentive to detail and consistent
- Have courtesy and respect for self and others
- Be able to communicate directly and honestly
- Have a strong work ethic and be on time
- Be willing to learn and invest in self-promoted professional growth
- Lower 9th Ward residents will be given priority
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following:
- A current resume
- A cover letter clearly outlining your experience specifically related to the job requirements and why you believe you are the right person for this position
- The names & contact information for 3 references
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com or mail to L9CSED, c/o Vincent Fedeli, P O Box 770407, NO, LA 70177.
Due to the anticipated volume of response, we will only be notifying successful applicants.
We greatly appreciate your interest in the CSED and in this important position with us!